I'll reply to your comment here. Please, come back here to see whether I replied or look at the Recent changes page.
This page is generated by Gamepedia. You can write to me here. You can also send me an email here.
I wanted to thank you for your help on the wiki and the kind words. I am a very open-minded person and are happy to receive feedback and correction on behalf of everyone else. I want to help to make this wiki accessible to a bigger audience and try my best. like most people do. Merci Beaucoup :D PS. My french is bad but somewhere in my brain lol TheBrezzl (talk) 08:56, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
Bonjour, vous avez recemment laisse un commentaire sur ma page disant qu'un choix crucial devait etre fait entre deux sites concurrents. Gonna write this in english lol. Anyways, I think that gamepedia should be conserved. You can see in the stats that, in all domains, except article quality, which cannot be quantified, gamepedia is superior to fandom. A demonstration of that first-hand is possible if you compare the two "Items" pages of the sites. The Items page is more complete, has more links and so more articles behind them on gamepedia. I then compared some other articles, and almost all of them were more precise on gamepedia. Why are we even considering giving up this wiki if it will offer more and better information overall? --Altimesyos (talk) 11:13, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
Latin or no Latin?
That is the question.
I agree with you, the wiki would be clearer without latin names and it would avoid most of the duplicate pages we have on this wiki. But how do you rename pages and would that break links that go to that page? --Altimesyos (talk) 03:40, 1 November 2019 (UTC)
- I also agree. To avoid broken links I have created a new Article without the latin name in the title, moved the information from the old article page to the new one. Linking to the old page would break but is easily fixed with a redirect on the old article to the new one, but only while pages linking to the old one is fixed. When no pages link to the old article anymore the old article is marked for deletion and the redirect removed (since nothing points to the old article anymore, there's no need for the redirect) --Fynxer (talk) 09:10, 1 November 2019 (UTC)
- Short answer: there are easy ways to find pages with broken links AND I could use a bot if things were becoming messy. I think everything will be fine. Although, I admit that "deleting articles" produces more broken links than "moving articles" because the former doesn't prompt for the creation of a redirect. I'll make efforts to modify articles when deleting an article. --BowiQC (talk) 13:57, 1 November 2019 (UTC)
About recent contributions
This Saturday, I finished dealing with duplicates (I think). You can evaluate this by looking at Special:AllPages and Category:Pages_to_be_merged. (I also invite you to have a look at Special:SpecialPages regularly because there are a lot of maintenance-related pages.)
My next personal priority is to deal with unnecessary redirects that are remnants of a few renaming I did...
Secondly, it seems we still have some pages that have the latin name in their title. Fynxer, Altimesyos and I think the Wiki would be sleeker without the latin names. We'll put that information into the articles themselves, using Template:Infobox animal or other Infoboxes that might have to be updated... 😅 (We'll need to deal with unnecessary redirects when renaming pages too. It's just more elegant. 😉)
In the long term, I hope to play the game some more...
Also, a lot of pages need to be improved. We have a lot of them in the Category:Stubs, but I might misunderstand the meaning of the word "stub". 🤔 I put the Template:Stub next to each incomplete article, which might be incorrect. I don't know. 🤷♂️ Template:Cleanup is also a thing.
Improvement can come from visuals. We have a lot of Unused Files and I still probably have more files from the game files.
- Adding infos
- Streamlining with Templates and other good practices
- Adding pictures
- Also: Have fun while doing all this and sharing the fun with others. 😃
the StrawPoll extension has gone into maintenance mode and their upcoming changes make it incompatible with Gamepedia. I see that you've used it on your wiki, though not recently. Because the extension won't work here after their next round of changes, we are forced to remove it. I'm just letting you know so that you have time to make the necessary changes here to avoid broken sections on your wiki. — Game widow ( talk ) 21:42, 4 March 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks! -BowiQC (talk) 17:38, 6 March 2020 (UTC)