|Miocene White Rhinoceros|
|Latin name:||Ceratotherium neumayri|
| • Mammal Meat|
• Hard Bone
The Miocene White Rhinoceroses is a large animal found in small herds in the Savanna region. They are easily identified by their dark grey skin and the large horn on their head.
The Miocene White Rhinoceros is a large animal that appears in a herds. They appear to be grazing but don't let this fool you! Rhinos are territorial and will defend their areas. Great care should be taken if you decide to engage in combat with one of these animals. The Rhino uses their size to cause blunt force trauma and can inflict Injury. Being a large animal, it is hard to intimidate them even holding weapons. It is possible with a group of hominids to intimidate a rhino but beware if it fails as you will have a large and angry animal coming after you.
If you do decide to attack, use the best weapons you can acquire. It is recommended to use Sharpened Sticks first, Sticks next, and as a last resort rocks or hard tools. The more damage you can do from a distance, the better. Rhinos have a relatively large amount of health, taking multiple successful strikes with a Sharpened Stick to kill, though it is possible to get lucky and kill them with one strike.
While large and aggressive, these massive beasts can't instant kill you. They can hurt very you badly but you won't die.
The White Rhinoceros Carcass provides Mammal Meat and Hard Bone when it is butchered. The carcass can be butchered three times. To butcher a carcass more than once, all the items dropped from the previous butchering must be picked up.
Interactions With Other Animals
When different animals get in close proximity to each other, they can attack and kill each other. Animals can fight each other on their own or you can cause them to move nearer to each other to initiate combat. Some of these methods are intimidation to scare them towards another animal, have them chase you and you run past another animal, or perform a dodge and the animal runs towards another animal.
When animals fight each other, a cut-scene will play showing one animal attacking and killing the other. There are a large number of Evolution Feats that deal specifically with trying to cause animals to fight and kill each other.
The Miocene White Rhinoceros is a very formidable foe that can hold its own against most animals it interacts with.
The Miocene White Rhinoceros can kill a number of animals. The Astute Dominator of the Rhinoceros is the evolution feat that deals with the kills the rhino can perform.
- Made a Miocene White Rhinoceros kill the African Buffalo
- Made a Miocene White Rhinoceros kill the Eastern Green Mamba
- Made a Miocene White Rhinoceros kill the Black Mamba
- Made a Miocene White Rhinoceros kill the Hyena
- Made a Miocene White Rhinoceros kill the Black-Backed Jackal
- Made a Miocene White Rhinoceros kill a Machairodus
Can Be Killed By
The Miocene White Rhinoceros is a formidable foe that most animals don't go after. It will kill other animals that invade its territory but it doesn't seek out combat.
- The species found in the game, Ceratotherium neumayri, is the ancestor of the Modern day White Rhinoceros, Ceratotherium simum
- The Miocene White Rhinoceros is a semi-hostile ancestor of both modern white and black rhinos.
- In real life, rhinos can be extremely aggressive due to their eye sight. Though they are near sighted, rhinos have an incredible sense of smell which they use to locate food, threats, and mates. Rhinos have been known to charge things such as trees, termite mounds, and dead animals mistaking them for threats such as rivals and predators.
- In real life, rhinos grow to be 6 feet tall and 11 feet long.
- The earliest fossil record of white rhinos in Africa can only be up to the Pliocene (Ceratotherium mauritanicum). It is inaccurate that the white rhinos in the game (Ceratotherium neumayri) appeared in the Miocene in Africa.