|Latin name:||Dendroaspis polylepis|
|Habitat(s):||Savanna, Canyon, Ocean|
|• Oviparous Meat|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Combat[edit | edit source]
The Black Mamba is a small animal that hides low to the ground. Don't let this fool you! Care should be taken if you decide to engage in combat with one of these animals. The Black Mamba uses their small size and quick speed to inflict Venom Poisoning. Being a small animal, it is fairly easy to intimidate while holding weapons but don't take this action lightly. Take care if you fail intimidation as the Black Mamba can quickly strike and poison you.
If you do decide to attack, use the best weapons you can acquire. It is recommended to use Sharpened Sticks first, Sticks next, and as a last resort rocks or hard tools. The more damage you can do from a distance, the better. The Black Mamba can be taken down with a single strike as it is a small animal. However, unlike the Eastern Green Mamba, it can't be killed with your bare hands.
Carcass[edit | edit source]
Interactions With Other Animals[edit | edit source]
When different animals get in close proximity to each other, they can attack and kill each other. Animals can fight each other on their own or you can cause them to move nearer to each other to initiate combat. Some of these methods are intimidation to scare them towards another animal, have them chase you and you run past another animal, or perform a dodge and the animal runs towards another animal.
When animals fight each other, a cut-scene will play showing one animal attacking and killing the other. There are a large number of Evolution Feats that deal specifically with trying to cause animals to fight and kill each other.
The Black Mamba is a small but dangerous foe. The Black Mamba doesn't seek out combat due to its size but will defend itself if cornered.
Can Kill[edit | edit source]
The Black Mamba doesn't go after other animals. It may fend off an attack from another animal and kill that animal but doesn't seek out combat.
Can Be Killed By[edit | edit source]
The Black Mamba can be killed by a number of animals.
- Made the Black-Backed Jackal kill the Black Mamba - Astute Dominator of the Jackal
- Made the Hippopotamus kill the Black Mamba - Astute Dominator of the Hippopotamus
- Made the Hyena kill the Black Mamba - Astute Dominator of the Hyena
- Made a Machairodus kill the Black Mamba - Astute Dominator of the Machairodus
- Made the Miocene Elephant kill the Black Mamba - Astute Dominator of the Elephant
- Made the Miocene White Rhinoceros kill the Black Mamba - Astute Dominator of the Rhinoceros
- Made the Thorbjarnarson's Crocodile kill the Black Mamba - Astute Dominator of the Crocodile
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Black Mamba is among the most venomous snakes in the entire world. In real life, there's a slim to none chance a human could survive a Black Mamba bite without antivenom.
- In real life, the Black Mamba is the fastest snake in the world clocking in at twenty miles per hour. Faster than any human (except Usain Bolt).