|Latin name:||Canis mesomelas|
|• Mammal Meat|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Combat[edit | edit source]
The Black-Backed Jackal is a relatively small animal that can appear alone but more often than not in a small pack. Don't let their size fool you! Care should be taken if you decide to engage in combat with one of these animals as you may be swarmed by a pack of them from all sides. The Jackal uses their small size and sharp teeth to quickly cause damage and can inflict Bleeding. Being a smaller animal, it easier to intimidate a single animal but a pack is harder. It is recommended to do so holding weapons or with a group of hominids.
If you do decide to attack, use the best weapons you can acquire. It is recommended to use Sharpened Sticks first, Sticks next, and as a last resort rocks or hard tools. The more damage you can do from a distance, the better.
Being a smaller animal, it tends to take less strikes with wood weapons to kill this animal but it can take more hits with blunt objects to achieve the same effects.
Carcass[edit | edit source]
Interactions With Other Animals[edit | edit source]
When different animals get in close proximity to each other, they can attack and kill each other. Animals can fight each other on their own or you can cause them to move nearer to each other to initiate combat. Some of these methods are intimidation to scare them towards another animal, have them chase you and you run past another animal, or perform a dodge and the animal runs towards another animal.
When animals fight each other, a cut-scene will play showing one animal attacking and killing the other. There are a large number of Evolution Feats that deal specifically with trying to cause animals to fight and kill each other.
The Black-Backed Jacked is relatively weaker alone but in packs it can be an overwhelming foe against the larger animals it interacts with.
Can Kill[edit | edit source]
The Black-Backed Jackal can kill a number of animals. The Astute Dominator of the Jackal is the evolution feat that deals with the kills the jackal can perform.
- Made the Black-Backed Jackal kill the Dorcas Gazelle
- Made the Black-Backed Jackal kill the Eastern Green Mamba
- Made the Black-Backed Jackal kill the Black Mamba
- Made the Black-Backed Jackal kill the African Rock Python
- Made the Black-Backed Jackal kill the Giant Warthog
- Made the Black-Backed Jackal kill the Miocene African Horse
Can Be Killed By[edit | edit source]
The Black-Backed Jackal is a formidable predator but its small size means it can be killed by a number of animals.
- Made the African Rock Python kill the Black-Backed Jackal - Astute Dominator of the Rock Python
- Made the Hyena kill the Black-Backed Jackal - Astute Dominator of the Hyena
- Made a Machairodus kill the Black-Backed Jackal - Astute Dominator of the Machairodus
- Made the Miocene Elephant kill the Black-Backed Jackal - Astute Dominator of the Elephant
- Made the Miocene White Rhinoceros kill the Black-Backed Jackal - Astute Dominator of the Rhinoceros
- Made the Thorbjarnarson's Crocodile kill the Black-Backed Jackal - Astute Dominator of the Crocodile
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the game, a jackal is about the size of a fox... strangely you can't be killed by a rhino but you can be killed by a fox.
- In the real world, a single jackal would not go after a human by itself. A human would be too big and severe of a threat even for a pair of jackals.
- In the real world, jackals are pack animals and normally aren't found alone. They are too small to hunt anything other than snakes, mice and hares. They have to rely on pack hunting to kill larger animals.
- In the real world, a Black-Backed Jackal would not be found in the desert or the Canyon biome. Black-backed jackals would live in the Savanna and Woodland types of biomes. However, Golden Jackals would be found in the desert types of biomes.
- Fossil deposits have revealed that the black-backed jackal is one of the oldest known dog species.
- These Jackals are one very special canid because they are monogamous, meaning they pair for life.